My Late Submission #GoodViz 2023

Jochem
Jochem Member, Partner Posts: 167 Type 2.5
edited January 2023 in Inspiration

I found this one challenging, mainly because someone asked us last friday (@leesmith84 and me) if we are going to join the challenge, at first we said no, but i could not resist. Lee is very busy; so this one Is created by me. I decided last Tuesday to join the challenge, So non working time was limited.

i created a Embed Link, but there is a bug in Astrato where Initial variable values are not correct. As a attachment there is this PDF where you can some of my sheets.

Dashboard is full of actions, so there is a sidebar from the left, and there are several buttons to get extra insights and navigate to Detail pages.

• absolute figures say it is getting worse in the year 2019, but relatively it is getting better, so the difference between men and women in STEM program is getting better.
  • although there are more and more female STEM students somehow they don’t succeed to end as a STEM employee

Comments

• Marjolein
    Marjolein Member Posts: 11 Type 0.5

Hi Jochem, nice one too! Is this all standard Astrato functionality, for anybody? I was trying the YOY calculation but I couldn't make it. Percentages wnt well but YOY didn't work out.

And what is VICTA meaning on your dashboard. I know Armand is working there, but what has it to do with this STEM dashboard?

• Jochem

Haha we both work for Victa. Yoy is something you should be able to do in SQL. There is an option to create your own custom data view.

is created a lot of extra fields, including ranking, ly, diff. Ly etc. Etc. Lot of the fields are not used because I was running out of time.

• Marjolein
    Marjolein Member Posts: 11 Type 0.5

Never realized you work for Victa too. Are you also going to the "PBI gebruikersdag" in March? Then I will see you :-).

I hadn't time to dive into the SQL part so I didn't try that out yet. But good to know it should work.

• Jochem

don’t think I will be there, but Armand and some others of the PowerBI team will be there.