Does the time lag between data origination and db / dwh affect analytics?
Data needs to be collected, processed, persisted to dwh, db, or sheets before requested for BI.
- What sort of issues affect the time lag more in your practice?
- Does the time lag become sensitive for analytics or business purposes?
- What time lag is required or desirable?
- How does the lag affect the value of data?
- Does the data originate in the form of events / messages such as chats, notifications, updates, purchases, sensors, online activity?
- Are there need to enrich the data before analyzing? Does the enrichment affect the lag?
- Do you have demand to decrease the lag?
Please, share your opinion